Rule Update – “USDA’s New Final Rule for Bioengineered (GMO) Food Disclosure”
Instructor : Norma Skolnik
Jan 30, 2020 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
The USDA recently unveiled its long-awaited BIOENGINEERED FOOD DISCLOSURE FINAL RULE, the National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Standard, which provides food companies with guidance about how to label products made with genetically modified ingredients. This important Final rule implements the National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Law of 2016 and will impact most food companies and their products. You should attend to find out how it will impact your product labelling and marketing and how to comply to avoid regulatory trouble.
The webinar will help the attendee understand the requirements of the National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Final Rule, the New Rule on Hemp Production and new Instructions for Validating the refining process for GMO/Bioengineered Food Disclosure. They will be able to implement new USDA requirements successfully.
The presentation will help the attendee understand the requirements of the National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Final Rule and New Rule on Hemp Production.
In this webinar expert speaker Norma Skolnik, will discuss the proposed rule and provide you better understanding on exemptions and requirements. You will also gain regulatory insights and will learn about the FDA contacts and know-how tips.
- To understand how the National Bioengineered Food Disclosure Law will impact food labeling in the U.S.
- To learn how GMO foods must be properly labeled to comply with this new regulation.
- To learn about the new rule on Hemp Production
- To update knowledge of new requirements for GMO labeling and validating the refining process for bioengineered foods.
- Ingredients subject to Disclosure
- Acceptable Labeling Methods of Disclosure
- GMO Disclosure symbols that may be Used.
- Thresholds for bioengineered foods and exemptions
- Timelines for Implementation of the Final Rule.
- New Rule on Hemp Production
- Instructions for Validating Refining Process for Bioengineered Food Disclosure
- Quality & Regulatory Professionals
- Marketing managers
- Product managers in the Food industry
- Plant Manager
- Operation Manager/director/supervisor
- Food product manufacturers, distributors and packers.
- Anyone involved with Food product labeling and marketing