Surgical Modifiers: Uncover Hidden Payment Strategies
Instructor : Jan Rasmussen
Jul 29, 2021 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
Surgical modifiers have been in existence for many years but continue to be somewhat confusing. Attend this informative webinar to identify specific surgical documentation that will help support use of modifiers. Get useful tips for payment of modifier -22, modifier -59, modifiers 78, 58 and 79 to ensure maximum reimbursement with handy quick reference grid.
Knowing when – and when not – to use these complex surgical modifiers will save you denial headaches and thousands in lost reimbursement. This program will provide you with real-world coding examples and help you thoroughly understand when and how to apply use these important modifiers. It will help you stop surgical modifiers from causing reductions in your revenue, or from landing you in legal hot water.
- Identify surgical services that may require a modifier.
- Know which modifiers will increase or decrease reimbursement
- Understand documentation to help support use of a specific modifier
- Improve Understanding of Unbundling Issues and the use of modifier -59 versus modifier -51
- Reduce Risk Associated with Improper Use of Modifiers
Who Should Attend?
- All practices and specialties that perform surgery
- Practice managers
- Office managers
- Live Q&A session with speaker
- PowerPoint presentation for download