Proposition 65: Impacts, Risks & Best Practices
Instructor : Bruce Jarnot
Sep 24, 2019 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
This webinar will provide a background on Proposition 65 and discuss updates to the labeling requirements that came into effect on August 30, 2018. The program will describe how industry has adapted to manage these requirements, and offer best practices for effective supply chain risk management.
Audience members will develop a better understanding of the implications and requirements of the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65). The program will cover the due diligence, materials assessment, disclosure and labeling requirements that companies must meet in order to sell goods in California. Attendees will leave the program with a detailed understanding of the obligations the law places on business-to-consumer and business-to-business transactions; safe harbor levels; public and private enforcement actions; and liability mitigation strategies that should be in place to protect a company.
During this webinar we will explore the requirements of California Proposition 65 and introduce you to solutions that can keep your company and products compliant.
- Understanding California Proposition 65
- Understanding Proposition 65 Labeling Requirements & Enforcement
- Best Practices for Managing Proposition 65 Risk
- Approach to managing its Proposition 65 challenges
- Traditional assessment
- Product Evaluation Analysis (SGS exclusive)
- The new warning requirements that go into effect in August 2018
- Compliance strategies and how UL can help
- Case study
Who Will Benefit:
- Supply Chain Management
- Legal/Regulatory Compliance
- Sales Manager