Office/Outpatient EM services Case Study Practical Application
Instructor : Jan Rasmussen
Aug 26, 2020 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
CMS has for the last several years focused proposed changes on high value care for patients instead of cumbersome paperwork. This session will focus on hands on application of the new documentation rules for office/outpatient services 99202-99215. Learn how to apply the new rules of medical decision making or time as the prime factors in determining the level of service rather than considering the extent of the history and exam in addition to medical decision making.
- Prepare offices for 1/1/2021 changes in appropriate documentation for office/outpatient codes
- Review risk factors related to new documentation criteria for office/outpatient services.
- Audit case studies based on the 2020 guidelines versus the 2021 risk table
- Identify scenarios where the new guidelines may increase levels of service
- Apply the concept of total time versus counselling time.
- Evaluate the documentation necessary to support a level III versus a level IV service.
- Understand types of presentations that might only support a level II service.
Who should attend?
- Office managers
- Denial Resolution Teams