New OSHA Silica Requirements and Strategies
Instructor : Joe Keenan
Jul 30, 2019 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
OSHA has just recently implemented a new Crystalline Silica Standard that took effect on September 23rd, 2017. This revised Standard reduces the Crystalline Silica Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) to 50 ug/m3 – which is significantly less (about 80% lower) than the current Standard. This revised Standard has been very controversial and the implementation date has been postponed several times. This lower PEL of 50 ug/m3 will significantly impact many operations requiring new Engineering Controls and Respiratory Protection Requirements.
This webinar will cover the latest OSHA Crystalline Silica Standard and discuss effective implementation strategies to achieve regulatory compliance.
- Define what the new Crystalline Silica Standards are.
- Learn to how to design an effective Crystalline Silica Standards Program.
- Learn to avoid OSHA monetary citations and fines around Crystalline Silica Standards.
- Learn safety best practices on complying with Crystalline Silica Standards.
- Show examples of what to do and what not to do for Crystalline Silica Standards implementation.
- Answer site specific questions and concerns.
Who Will Benefit:
- Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Professionals
- EHS Engineers
- EHS Managers
- Corporate EHS Managers
- Loss Prevention Personnel
- Insurance Executives
- Human Resource Coordinators and Managers
- Plant Managers
- Safety Committee Members