2020 Update: FDA Status of Cannabis Claims & Regulation
Instructor : Norma Skolnik
Mar 30, 2020 12:00 PM ET | 11:00 PM CT | 09:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
There is a significant interest in the development of therapies and other consumer products derived from cannabis and its components, including cannabidiol (CBD). FDA recognizes the potential opportunities that cannabis or cannabis-derived compounds may offer and acknowledges the significant interest in these possibilities.
The webinar will cover the current regulatory status of Cannabidiol (CBD), FDA plans for CBD (Cannabidiol) Claims and future regulation plans. It will also cover highlights of FDA’s May 2019 meeting on CBD and recent FDA actions regarding CBD product marketing that violates FDA regulations. The new USDA Hemp Final Rule will be covered, as will the latest state regulations on CBD. This session will convey an understanding of likely FDA plans to address the challenging regulation of Cannabidiol (CBD) and what actions the Agency is taking regarding CBD claims that violate the law. It will also help attendees understand the new USDA Hemp Final Rule and the status of the latest state regulations.
Session Highlights :
- Current status of Cannabidiol (CBD) regulation and likely plans for future regulation
- FDA position on marketed CBD products and claims
- FDA Actions RE: CBD Claims
- Legal and illegal marketing of Cannabinoids
- Cannabis as 'food'
- Regulatory and future trends for cannabinoids in the United States
Who Will Benefit:
- Pharmaceutical executives
- Research and development professionals in pharmaceutical companies
- Regulatory affairs personnel in pharmaceutical companies
- Food Executive
- Quality Professionals
- Regulatory Compliance Officer
- Marketing and Business managers
- Attorneys working with CBD products