Cannabis And The FDA – Establishing A Compliant Hemp Business, A Legal Limbo For Hemp Products
Instructor : Rachael Z. Ardanuy, Esq.
Oct 07, 2020 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
This webinar with regulatory compliance expert and Cannabis Business Attorney Rachael Z. Ardanuy, Esq. will discuss the current status of cannabinoids as medical products in the United States. The focus will be on what we can learn from the FDA approval of Epidolex (Cannabidiol) oral solution 100 mg/mL. You will be provided guidance on how to obtain research information and understand the current market for Cannabidiol (CBD) in the U.S.
This webinar will explore current FDA-approved natural and synthetic cannabinoids and the treatments they purport to provide. Cannabinoids are a hot topic in the current pharmaceutical industry. Knowledge of the current FDA approvals and research being reported will assist in predicting the future of this class of compounds and deciding whether a given firm wants to be part of it.
Why you should attend :
- Audience will gain clarity on the historical and current legal status of hemp and hemp derived products at the federal level.
- Audience will understand the various laws that impact the hemp and hemp derived precuts industry
- Audience will learn the evolution of the legal status of hemp and hemp derived products, and where we believe that status will go in the future.
Scope of Webinar :
- Provide history of hemp’s legal status in US
- Explain 2018 Farm Bill’s impact on hemp cultivation
- Discuss hurdles regarding FDA’s treatment of hemp derived products
- Provide current status of regulations proposed by FDA
- Market trends, expectations and experiences I’ve seen with clients
Who Will Benefit:
- Hemp/nutraceutical entrepreneur
- medical practitioners
- advocates for alternative medicine
- Pharmaceutical executives
- Research and development professionals in pharmaceutical companies
- Regulatory affairs personnel in pharmaceutical companies
- Food Executive
- Quality Professionals
- Regulatory Compliance Officer